Sunday, October 8, 2006

That Honest Woman

Hi- It’s me, Andrea, The Honest Woman.

I am a 30 year young wife and mother of 2 energetic children. My husband, Darin, likes to call himself Big Daddy. We met in a Christian cell group 8 years ago. Married in 2001, Grant was birthed into our family a little over a year later. A month after celebrating Grant’s second birthday, The Pretty Pink Princess, Gabriela was born. Both children have a combination of our qualities, which you will hear about regularly but don't expect me to claim any. Grant we call Little DX because he likes WWE’s Degeneration X. Big Daddy has gotten us hooked on wrestling. Every Monday night we will gather together to watch RAW. Oh, come on, I know there are other women out there who enjoy it.

I worked in the corporate world for 8 years and 2 years ago I decided to go to college online through University of Phoenix. I now have Associates in Arts in Business (AAB) and will stop there for now. During my second year I developed an interest in teaching and decided on all educational electives. This included; Contemporary Issues in American Education, Teaching As A Profession, Child Development, and Classroom Instruction. Those were my favorite classes. They just came so naturally and due to some pushing from my father above we started homeschooling this year. Yes, I said good-bye to the corporate world at the worst economic time ever! Good thing I only move when God pushes me.

I am co-owner “SplitDecisionz” where I help my sister, Amy, as much as I can and she pays me. I guess she feels guilty for stealing my business name so she gives me proceeds. No, really, when I was a teenager I thought of the name “Split Decisions” for a business, because well everything comes down to a split decision. I was very much in the world then but now realize that God had spoken that to me. A couple years later when Amy asked my ideas for a name “Split Decisionz” just popped out of my mouth. She just thought it was brilliant.

I enjoy journaling our experiences, scrapbooking and clean sarcasm—which you will see in my writing. I also contribute to Heart of the Matter Online where you can read how God talks to me through homeschooling. My friends say I am reliable, humorous and to the point.

Thanks for asking. I hope you continue to visit.

0 Comments:

 
© Template by Blogspot tutorial Design by Split Decisionz