Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where Is My Head?

Yesterday was a chaotic day here at the Orcino house.
- Take Grandma to the Dr.
- get Grant to read
- turn in the plates on the work truck
- drop the insurance on the work truck
- take mom to pay a few of her bills
- pick up my one hour photos
- my parents were here
- and mother nature mishaps
Yes it is true, all of it!
To top things off, while I was chasing Grant and Gabriela around, I placed my clothes through the wash cycle. 15 minutes later when I reached for my cell phone, I realized that the outfit I had on did not have pockets. Can you imagine my face when I figured out that tucked inside the pocket of my pants, that were now in the washer, was my cell phone.
I ran to the washer and pushed cancel, then waited for the door to unlock. I pulled out my pants and checked to pockets---no cell phone. OK, I thought maybe I placed it somewhere else, just then I saw a little light at the very back of the washer. There it was, all wet...gasping for power...and smelling spring fresh!
So I did what anyone would do....I took the battery out and brought it to the bathroom to blow dry it while I prayed that the Lord would have mercy on it and breath new life into it.
The display was drowned. I called my DH and cried to him. He laughed and told me to let it dry out some.
I calmed down and waited for him to get home and check out the damage. All the while I was shopping for a new phone. Where is my Faith?
DH came home and checked it out. Turns out that if the little dot in the battery compartment turns RED it is shot, gone (according to him)! So we think we have insurance on it and I can just get another phone right.
Well I am even more upset because my husband (who has gone through 5 phones in 2 years) says that I should have his current phone and he will get himself another phone (I can't be trusted with a new phone so soon anyway). Furthermore he will stop by the phone place after work and take care of getting another phone.
What? (OK, am I being unreasonable, I mean I did mindlessly stick my phone through the wash cycle) But, I do not want to have to change all of his stuff... Is is not just easier to re put my info into a blank phone! I can't even retrieve my stuff from a washed phone!
Today I compose myself.

3 Comments:

Amico Dio said...

Funny... I have the same problem except that I am using a dinosaur pay-as-you-go phone from Wal-Mart while the technically blessed hubby is running around with a new blackberry.

*shakes head*

It's so unfair.

Anonymoussaid...

the red dot is just there to let you know that its water damaged but here is the secret dont blow dry it cause the heat messes it up more cover the whole phone in a bowl of rice for a day and the rice soaks up the water and the phone will work like new. i drop my phones in the toilets and pools and i always use the rice theory and it works

Anonymoussaid...

oh and make sure u take the back off and the battery off and put all of it in the rice....this is amy waldrop by the way

 
© Template by Blogspot tutorial Design by Split Decisionz