Monday, October 13, 2008

Best of Both Worlds Party Intro

So we were planning on having a party of both of the kids somewhere between their actual birthdates. Grants birthday is at the beginning of August and Gabriela's is at the end of September. Gustav ruined our inbetween date and we finally hosted a double party on September 27th.

I must note that I plan weeks ahead of time for parties. My intentions are to bless the guest. I wanted to make Grant's extra special since we agreed that this year would be his last "Birthday Party". The kind where we invite the whole family, decorate etc... Next year he will take him and a few friends or cousins somewhere for his birthday. Who knows what to buy a 7 year old anyway?

Gabriela of course picked Hannah Montana and I was thrilled there is so much I could do with that. Grant, to my dismay, choose Pokemon. Yes, Pokemon! I was so mad, you can't find Pokemon decor anywhere at the last minute. And I waited until the last minute hopeing he would change his mind. He didn't, thanks to the cousins for this Pokemon thing.

I was able to go all out for the "Secret Star". Hannah Montana trading cards, rings filled with gloss, tatoos, blowers, tamborines, mirror compacts, candy bracelets and hair assesories. I also hand made eight hair bows and glued a Hannah emblem inside. That was just the favor boxes. I had also made 12 hair bows in an array of sizes to give away and 23 pillowcase dresses. This party will ROCK!

For the Pokemon trainer I was able to scrounge around for some old Pokemon kids meal toys. Added to that a pack of Pokemon trading cards, gum filled watches and a sticky lizard. WOW, then I just had to print Pokemon pictures to decorate with. Like he could not do Transformers or something that is not over 12 years old and discontinued?

(The results and pictures will be posted later)



0 Comments:

 
© Template by Blogspot tutorial Design by Split Decisionz