Monday, October 13, 2008

Pray For Gabriela!

She is OK just in pain. Here is what happened.

It is Saturday, Darin is complaining about the kids rooms. Gabriela of course will not clean hers. Grant has done his best to pick up his room. Since Gabriela will not clean her own room, Darin has insisted that I must do it and I should have done it yesterday.

Well, he is off to do other things but not before unplugging the treadmill 3X's. Grant has insisted that he needs exercise. He got on it again and hit the #10 speed. Good thing Gabriela reached the key to pull it out. I took the key and put it away and told them to stay away from the treadmill. It is not a toy and someone could get hurt. I retreated to Gabriela's room to clean her dress up mess. And all the little pet shop toys she was given for her birthday. It was madness in there. I had just started cleaning the floor when I heard Gabriela screaming. She is always screaming! I kept cleaning until I heard the desperation in her voice as she pleaded with Grant to "Turn It OFF! Turn It OFF!"

I ran in and saw her hand stuck under the machine, lodged between the belt and her little rubber basket ball. I yell, "Grant, TURN IT OFF!" as I pull her hand out. She takes off running around the house and screaming! I can't get to her to see it. Grant is running too, I run after him to see what happened. I fall on the cement floor and bust my knee's.

Will Gabriela stop? I must be the most horrible mom in the world!

I grab her, it looks badly burned over the top of her hand and fingers. I ran it under cool water, she was frantic, screaming, chattering her teeth, almost convulsing. I was crying, trying to calm her down. I cleaned it the best I could and put some antibiotic ointment on it and wrapped it with gauze. Started her on some antibiotics samples I had and gave her Motrin and Tylenol in three hour intervals. She got up at 12 am crying, I tried to give her Motrin but she was so upset she threw up in my bed and on her gauze. I had to clean her all up again and more gauze.

Sunday I took the gauze off and it kind of stuck to her but it looked good. I cleaned it again and Darin said I did not need to put anymore gauze on it because it needed to air out. I just put some antibiotic cream on it and let it go. It started to swell and grow big yellow scabs. She would not let me clean it anymore. She would not soak it in water. I planned on taking her to the doctor in the morning. She was up all night complaining that it hurt.

Monday morning we got up to get ready for the Dr. Gabriela refused to take any Motrin. Her hand is pretty swollen and she has a thick yellow scab growing. Yuk!
The Dr. needs to do a debridement. She is not going to like this. It took me and 2 other nurses to hold her down while the Dr. scraped her wounds. She had a fit. She was hollering "Don't do it" "Let Me Go" "Get This Boy Off Of Me" "Somebody Help Me Please" "Let Me Out Of This Place"! The Dr said this was a really painful procedure and that she had handled it well. He told her that she was a good girl and she repeated "I am a good girl?" she repeated everything like she was in shock. He did ask for a hug and she reluctantly hugged him.
He informed me that I needed to clean the wounds everyday and put antibiotic cream on it 2 times a day. I told him that I would do my best. He assured me that I could bring her in every morning to have it done if I could not handle it. He wanted to see her back on Friday for sure to make sure that her wounds were healing and to make sure she did not have a fracture.
She was in tremendous pain on the way home and I had to drop off her medicine and get her some gum (which I had promised her).
The Dr gave me a Wal-Mart bag full of goodies for me to do the debridement at home. Good thing, do you know how much this stuff cost and I probably would never find the Non-Adhering Dressing. Thank You Jesus!






This would be her now. I feel soo bad. God Speed for Gabriela!

She is still explaining to Grant that the boy Dr. hurt her hand them wrapped her all up. She is a mess even in pain. Grant still just can not understand how he had any part in hurting his sister. Lord help us!

0 Comments:

 
© Template by Blogspot tutorial Design by Split Decisionz